Monday, June 24, 2013

Afelokhai proud to captain Pillars




By OJEIKERE AIKHOJE,
afelokhai.blogspot.com






Theophilus Afelokhai receiving his LBA Best Goalkeeper Award from GM, SportsDay Newspaper, Ben Alaiya, in 2012.
 

Kano Pillars goalkeeper, Theophilus Afelokhai, has told his personal blog: afelokhai.blogspot.com that he is proud of his achievements as skipper of the club.
It’s rare to have goalkeepers as captains and the Edo State born goalkeeper has since become one of the most influential players at the club.
Interestingly, Afelokhai has played a big role as Pillars emerged mid-term champions.

Since his arrival from defunct Kano side, Buffalo, the goalkeeper has become the club’s first choice and also a favourite of the ever partisan Kano fans, which remain the best in the league.
“I feel very proud," the former Under23 goalkeeper told afelokhai.blogspot.com.

“I’m enjoying the role at Pillars. I have to think about my responsibilities at all times. Besides, I know that I need to set good examples on and off the pitch,” Afelokhai stated.
The former U23 goalkeeper revealed that he had to abandon a deal at Heartland to join Pillars.

“I’ve been accepted from my first day at Pillars and can’t forget how the fans forced the proprietor of Buffalo (Luc Lagouche) to ensure my return from Heartland,” he told afelokhai.blogspot.com
Afelokhai expressed confidence that Pillars will emerge back-to-back champions.

“We’ve the best team and I want to be the first captain to receive the Cup back-to-back since the Enyimba feat,” he said.

 
Source: afelokhai.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment